Milwaukee Truck Accident Attorney
There are no “little” accidents involving a tractor-trailer or semi on Wisconsin roads. With a fully loaded semi weighing nearly 80,000 pounds, its sheer size compared to other vehicles means even a small collision will often result in catastrophic injuries or death. These life-changing accidents are often due to the negligence on the part of the driver and/or trucking company.
Why Insurance Companies Fear Us. We Have a Reputation You Can Trust.
Domnitz & Domnitz, S.C., is a Milwaukee personal injury law firm well-known to insurance companies and trucking companies, many of whom have chosen to meet our terms rather than face us in the courtroom. We have won many substantial verdicts and settlements on behalf of clients injured by negligent truckers. We have also successfully represented many truck drivers injured by the negligence of other vehicle operators.
Beyond our ability to obtain results for our clients, what makes us different is our knowledge, our ability and the way we treat our clients. We care deeply about what our clients are going through, so we personally handle their cases every step of the way. When it comes to negligent truckers, trucking companies, and insurance companies, we don’t back down. Call a Milwaukee truck accident attorney today at 414-289-0909.
What Can You Expect After a Truck Accident?
After a truck accident, the trucking company and its insurance carrier will have adjusters and investigators on-site immediately, collecting evidence in their favor. They have a lot on the line, and like auto insurers, they will do everything they can to avoid paying a claim. The larger the claim, the harder they will fight to find a way around compensating the injured person.
You will need an experienced and aggressive attorney who will act in your best interests to protect your rights. We will perform an independent investigation and help you secure the maximum lawful compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and long-term care.
Significant Experience on Your Side
With more than 60 years of combined experience with truck accident litigation in both state and federal courts, the Wisconsin trucking accident lawyers of Domnitz & Domnitz, S.C., have the skills, resources and track record to represent clients throughout Wisconsin and northern Illinois injured in a truck accident resulting from:
- Driver error — Truck drivers make mistakes for a variety of reasons, including inexperience, lack of training and driver distraction.
- Speeding, tailgating, and aggressive driving — A fully loaded 18-wheeler needs a distance at least 40 times greater than a car to stop. Speeding and other reckless driving behavior often lead to the most devastating kinds of accidents.
- Drunk driver due to drugs or alcohol — There is no excuse for truck drivers to endanger the lives of motorists by driving under the influence, yet the use of alcohol and prescription drugs by truckers remains a problem on Wisconsin roadways.
- Improper qualifications or training — Driving a semi is very different from driving a car or pickup truck. In addition to a very high center of gravity, the weight of these large trucks require large commercial trucks to be driven very differently. Many accidents may be attributed to truck drivers who were not properly trained to drive big rigs.
- Improper safety equipment — Lights and mirrors are critical safety features on trucks. They provide critical information not only to the truck drivers themselves, but also to other motorists on Wisconsin roads.
- Driver fatigue and faking logbooks to hide driving more than the limit — The trucking industry is dependent on delivering goods in as short a time as possible. Despite federal regulations limiting how long they can drive, truck drivers frequently push their limits, legally and physically. Falsified logbooks and dummy logbooks are long-standing tricks used by truckers to conceal excessive hours on the road.
- Violation of federal regulations — The trucking industry is heavily regulated, yet truck drivers and trucking companies continue to employ tactics to skirt the law. Whether exceeding hours of service limits or weight restrictions, it takes a skilled truck accident lawyer to uncover the truth.
- Defective products and products liability — Defective tires, faulty brakes and failed lights are just a few of the mechanical failures that can fail on a truck and cause an accident. These kinds of defects are often overlooked when examining a truck accident.
The sad fact is that many truck drivers are forced by their employers to meet unreasonable and often illegal delivery schedules that result in countless tragic accidents, injuries, and deaths each year.
With a Milwaukee personal injury attorney at Domnitz & Domnitz, S.C., you will receive personal, compassionate attention from your attorney and our entire staff. We understand the emotional, physical and financial components of an injury claim resulting from a truck crash, and we will work hard to secure the maximum lawful recovery in the least amount of time. We pride ourselves on efficient, successful resolution of every client’s injury case.
Overloaded and Improperly Loaded Trucks
A common cause of truck accidents often goes overlooked — negligently loaded or secured cargo. When a large truck is improperly loaded, it creates a serious safety hazard for everyone on the road. This is especially true in Wisconsin where streets or highways can be slippery following rain, sleet, and snow.
Overloaded and improperly stacked materials can result in a truck driver losing control of the vehicle as cargo shifts, leading to jackknifing, rollovers or mechanical failure. At our firm, we conduct in-depth investigations to uncover the true cause of an accident. If a Milwaukee truck accident attorney from our firm determines that a federal or state safety regulation was violated, then we will work as quickly as possible to secure compensation for you and your family.
Do Not Miss Out on Compensation: Contact Our Kenosha Truck Accident Lawyers
A serious truck or semi accident can devastate your family, but we can help. Get help from the Wisconsin trucking accident lawyers of Domnitz & Domnitz, S.C. Contact a Milwaukee personal injury attorney for a free consultation. You may also call our firm directly at 414-289-0909 to discuss your case.
We will ensure that you understand your rights, your options and the consequences of your decisions before proceeding with representation. All truck accident cases are accepted on a contingent fee basis. You will pay no attorney fees until we obtain compensation on your behalf. Let us help.